After breaking her ankles ten months apart in 2016, Christine Warren committed herself to a new life of fitness. Her journey began at Orange Theory and, as it ensued, guided her to find a love for triathlon. Her first tri was in September 2017, and she has never looked back.
We recently met Christine via Instagram following her Ironman 70.3 Arizona, and we loved her energy right away. We followed our heart, invited her to be on the show, and today we release yet another meaningful conversation with the endurance sports world. We hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoyed recording it.
In this episode, we discuss:
- when something devastating becomes your most wondrous gift
- trusting more in life
- how being a musician prepared her for triathlon
- doing the work regardless of the outcome
- little wins along the way as a means of having a successful race
- mental training as its own discipline to practice
- Ironman COVID protocols in Arizona
- what discovery moved her to a plant-based diet
- athletes’ widespread under-fueling flaw
We give a big shout-out to our growing our Patreon community, helping us keep the YTP and Awake Athlete podcasts commercial-free. If you are enjoying the commercial-free format, then consider making a monthly pledge to support your uninterrupted stream.
Podcast Production: Bares Records
Episode 235 Show Notes
E-Cornell University Plant-Based Certificate Program
Protein-A-Holic by Dr. Garth Davis
Eat and Run by Scott Jurek
Ryan Bolton Endurance Coach
Mauna Endurance – work with Christine on nutrition
Looking to transition to a plant-based diet? Raise the Vibe on Your Plate