Jackson Laundry is a professional triathlete and podcast host who saw victory in what many are calling the biggest upset in the history of Ironman 70.3 Oceanside. Amongst a stacked professional field, this 28-year-old from Canada gave us all a beautiful show as he executed a race performance that granted him the “W” on the day.
Jackson has been on our radar, but after taking the tape in Oside, we knew it was time to dive into his story and get to know this professional who is someone to watch as he continues to make his way up the line, currently ranked 8th in the world by the PTO.
We had a great time smacking down his victory in Oceanside and everything else we traversed along the way.
We hope you enjoy the show!
In this episode, we discuss.
- takeaways from winning Oceanside 70.3
- doing the best you can always is a win
- story of where it all started
- introduction of ‘easy’ workouts
- training with his dad for triathlon
- experiencing the pro-level
- racing often helps to learn from mistakes
- his first Ironman
- staying focused amongst media chatter
- overestimate what we can achieve in the short term
- underestimate what we can achieve in the long term
- taking the long approach
- mindset training & visualization
- how to know how hard to go in a race
Podcast Production: Bares Records
Episode 312 Show Notes:
Maui Yoga And Meditation Retreat at Lumeria, September 28 – October 3, 2022
Looking to transition to a plant-based diet? Raise the Vibe on Your Plate