One of our earliest missions with YogiTriathlete was to spread awareness that living a more vibrant life is within reach for all. I think we can all agree that our general nutrition has a large stake in the vibrancy of our life. After all, what we put in us, becomes us.
So needless to say, we’re super excited to be having a conversation with yet another, spectacular physician from Plant-Based TeleHealth.
Dr. Amy Zacharias is a board-certified family and lifestyle medicine physician who realized that the most important aspect of her job was to assist her patients in preventing disease.
As she opened to this mindset, she realized that it was not just food but other lifestyle components that equal a healthy life. Today, she finds great interest when working with patients to reach their ideal weight and athletes to reach peak performance by following a whole-food plant-based diet.
We hope you enjoy the show!
In this episode, we discuss.
- Amy’s journey to a plant-based diet
- slowing down and be mindful to make lasting change
- gratitude practice
- benefits of a plant-based diet for athletes
- removing oil from your diet
- happiness factor
- permission to not be perfect
- not eating enough calories
- milk doesn’t do the body good
- misinformation from coaches
- future of medicine and nutrition
- patients have the power to help themselves
- “I wish I had done this sooner”
We hope you enjoy the show.
Podcast Production: Bares Records
Episode 310 Show Notes:
Looking to transition to a plant-based diet? Raise the Vibe on Your Plate