Today, our guest is Dr. Michael Klaper, an American physician, vegan health educator, internationally-recognized teacher, and sought-after speaker on nutrition and health who has been shining his light in the medical community for many decades.
Dr. Klaper graduated from medical school in 1972, turned vegan in 1981, and holds a level of experience and expertise that is near impossible to surpass. He is a member of the PlantBased Telehealth family and the first doctor we have spoken to who is now going into medical schools to share the evidence and health benefits of living a whole-foods plant-based life.
Dr. Klaper teaches that health comes from healthy living and dedicates himself to the healing and flourishing of all living beings and our planet.
I will assume that most of our listeners have seen Dr. Klaper in paradigm-shattering documentaries and heard him speak many times, and if that is the case, I will also assume that you are like BJ and I and can’t get enough. We hope you enjoy the show.
In this episode, we discuss:
- how his childhood shaped his life
- why milk is not worth the effort
- whey protein
- protein powders is an unnatural food
- Dr. K’s take on paleo & keto diets
- we’ve already cut down half our trees
- the long game
- living a life of ahimsa
- favorite animal on the farm
- a lifelong mission to wake patients up
- moving medicine forward
- turn on the plant-based light
- benefits of fasting
- the ultimate answer is growing in the garden
Podcast Production: Bares Records
Episode 293 Show Notes:
Looking to transition to a plant-based diet? Raise the Vibe on Your Plate