Today we welcome Plant-Based Telehealth team member Dr. Elisabeth Fontaine to the show. Dr. Fontaine is a double board-certified in OB/GYN and Lifestyle Medicine and a Fellow of the American College of Lifestyle Medicine.
Before specializing in women’s health, in which she has an extensive background, she focused on obesity management and exercise physiology. And now, Dr. Fontaine finds herself seeing patients through Plant-based telehealth and coaching fellow physicians on lifestyle changes equating to increased well-being in their lives and professions.
There is a vast scope of knowledge to learn from in this episode, and we intend that you take away inspiration that you then put to action. Thank you for listening.
In this episode, we discuss.
- Dr. Fontaine’s plant-based story
- making changes in the hospital
- sudden death studies on long-distance runners
- exercise and diet contribute to peak performance
- 80% invested in healthcare is for chronic diseases
- plant-based athletes transforming their performance
- fueling your workouts as a plant-based athlete
- are you getting enough calories for training
- men vs women adapting to strength training differently
- bone density development
- menopause and the benefits of a WFPB diet
- yoga and pilates to supplement weight training
- changing behaviors
- community-based intervention
- prevention of childhood obesity
- power of community to share successes
- nickname “grit” a trailblazer
- inspired to grow group visits and athlete community
- coaching a village to health
Podcast Production: Bares Records
Episode 317 Show Notes:
Work with Dr. Fontaine: schedule an appointment
Looking to transition to a plant-based diet? Raise the Vibe on Your Plate