Exhausted and caffeinated, here we are! Fresh off the Mendocino 50k, the coaches of YT came together to record this ultra smackdown for you. We begin with Coach Liz’s recent experience at Lake Sonoma 50 and then move on to the stellar performances of Coach Daniel and BJ at the Mendocino 50k. I take up the rear with a few moments on my experience which was my 4th running of this breathtaking course.
We had a blast pulling this episode together and hope you take away many nuggets of gold for your journey ahead.
In this episode, we discuss.
- Liz’s recap of her Sonoma 50 race
- Doing what you can to maintain momentum
- Favorite moment from the trails
- Training your mind
- No effort is a waste
- Are they lessons or hardships?
- Taking life too seriously
- What it takes to put yourself out there into the unknown
- Difference between participating and racing a race
- Building confidence through experience
- Nutrition to fuel an ultra as a vegan athlete
- Being willing to explode
- Using caffeine to propel you swiftly forward
- Reminders that we are alive
- Lazy boy recliners, what?
- Ebbing and flowing
Podcast Production: Bares Records
Episode 313 Show Notes:
Connect with Jess Instagram
Connect with BJ Instagram
Looking to transition to a plant-based diet? Raise the Vibe on Your Plate