David Richman was once a sedentary overweight smoker living within an abusive marriage and negative headspace. He was not caring for himself and spent most of his time living what he thought everyone else wanted until he looked in the mirror and asked himself, “who do you want to be?”.
David’s journey took a turn that day, and a door opened that led to a more fulfilling life that he now lives in a healthy, athlete body. He started training for endurance sports while rehabbing his life and, in the last decade, has completed 50 plus triathlons, more than 50 ultras, and one super epic bike ride.
As David walked his path towards a more vibrant life, his sister traversed a very different path that led to the loss of her life and, ultimately, David’s most recent book, Cycle of Lives.
We hope you enjoy this episode as we dive under the surface with someone whose transformation has not surprisingly revealed great purpose in his life.
In this episode, we discuss:
- when you find out that you are the problem
- the challenge of being selfish
- self-serving not self-centered
- learning to be who you want to be
- connecting through emotion and story
- winning in the middle of the pack
- running to vs running from
- the importance of talking about trauma
- Cycle Of Lives
- the one reality of a 4700 bike ride
Podcast Production: Bares Records
Episode 295 Show Notes:
Looking to transition to a plant-based diet? Raise the Vibe on Your Plate