“No stream rises higher than its source” – Frank Lloyd Wright
Jason Hardath, is the King of FKTs, subject of the Athletic Brewing “Journey to 100” documentary, and our gracious guest today. He is the first human to complete 100 FKTs or Fastest Known Time routes, and for his 100th FKT he conquered Washington state’s 100 highest peaks known as the Bulger’s list. Jason has been on the media train talking about this outstanding accomplishment and he is incredibly generous with sharing his journey with us in this episode.
We hope you enjoy the show.
In this episode, we discuss.
- how early life shaped who he is today
- chasing the 6-minute mile
- biking across the US
- surviving his first Ironman triathlon
- facing trauma and setbacks early in life
- discovering FKT
- creating a-ha moments for others
- human beings are like a tube of toothpaste
- what should you do, what could you do, what will you do.
- self-limiting beliefs
- showing the film to his students
- faulty concept of competition
- behind the scenes of Journey to 100
- stories that didn’t make the final cut
- the golden hour
Podcast Production: Bares Records
Episode 322 Show Notes:
Watch Journey to 100 film
Podcasts and Media with Jason
Trail Life podcast with Jason
YT podcast 308 with Ashly Winchester, Queen of FKTs
Looking to transition to a plant-based diet? Raise the Vibe on Your Plate