Ashly Winchester is an adventure journalist, outdoor guide, endurance athlete, and host of the Women In the Wild podcast. She is also someone who is well on her way to being the first female to claim 100 Fastest Known Time routes.
She has succeeded in claiming over 50 FKT routes to date, and with her partner, Jason Hardrath, by her side, there seems to be no end to the heights Ashly will reach, and I know she knows that she will not reach those heights without challenge because discomfort is where we grow.
In this episode, we discuss.
- What is an FKT?
- Death Valley FKT and unsupported attempts
- Embracing fear in the outdoors
- staying curious on the trails
- endeavoring something that is bigger than you
- quitting your job to pursue your passion
- being too comfortable
- mountaineering journey to Mt. Shasta guide
- dreams do come true, even those you do not have
- Women in the Wild podcast
- failure or learning
- managing discomfort
- FKT competition element
- plans for 2022
We hope you enjoy the show.
Podcast Production: Bares Records
Episode 308 Show Notes:
Looking to transition to a plant-based diet? Raise the Vibe on Your Plate