We get super jazzed about sharing meaningful conversations with people looking, finding, and living their purpose, and this episode is no different.
Today we have Renee Kiley on the show, a once pack-a-day smoker who worked and partied hearty for many years before transforming her life and becoming a professional triathlete in less than 3.5 years.
Renee was an active child; she honed in on basketball and played on the state and national level. Dedication and discipline were not her weaknesses, but she channeled those strengths towards a workaholic life that left her fitness in the dust for over a decade.
Her health was steadily declining until one day in 2013 when she spectated at the Noosa Triathlon, and a fire ignited that would not extinguish.
We love this story and hope you enjoy a listen!
In this episode, we discuss:
- smoothie bowls make everything right again
- the detriment of having to be in control
- escalation of an unhealthy lifestyle
- the “gift” of an addictive personality
- waking up feeling like an ashtray
- the life-changing experience at the Noosa triathlon
- saying “yes” to find your passion
- the inspiration for turning professional
- pushing yourself to come in last
- its harder when you don’t expect it to be hard
- motivation is a consequence of life being good
- ten-star moments in life
We recognize our Patreon community for their support. They are the sole reason why this podcast is commercial-free. If the YT podcasts help you live a better version of yourself and allow you to flow through life with a bit more ease, then make your pledge at patreon.com/yogitriathlete. We are a small business with a massive global mission. We appreciate your support.
Podcast Production: Bares Records
Episode 249 Show Notes
Inovayt – the business that Renee co-founded
Awake Athlete community – Curious? Please Inquire with Jess
Looking to transition to a plant-based diet? Raise the Vibe on Your Plate