Many years ago, 2009 to be exact, YogiTriathlete founders BJ and Jess took the double win at a local triathlon in Boulder, CO taking home the grand prize of two big burritos. Since that day, every time they both take the win, they refer to it as the “Big Burrito Win” and they almost had another just a few weeks ago at the Mission Bay Triathlon in San Diego. However, BJ’s first-place ranking quickly moved to second place as the results rolled in, and then was left to watch how his mind wanted to cling to the top step of the podium. Oh, the work of taming the mind is never done but it assuredly does become easier to let things go along the way.
This episode is a great reminder to all triathletes and the triathlon-curious that swim, bike, run is a triathlon at any distance. On this particular weekend, Team YogiTriathlete athletes spanned the distances from the Ironman World Championship full distance of 140.6 to the mini kids sprint in the birthplace of triathlon. So no matter the distance, no matter the pace triathlon is meant to be celebrated, not minimized.
Thank you for joining Jess and BJ for this episode, if you are enjoying this commercial-free content make your pledge, as little as $5/month, on patreon.com/yogitriathlete today.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Travel to unseen lands without bumping into tourists
- Women’s only IRONMAN World Championship in Kona
- Making your strength stronger
- Many touches in the water
- The run record in Kona goes down
- Longtime Team YogiTriathlete athlete races Kona!!!
- “Acting as if” is not “fake it till you make it”
- Mission Bay Triathlon recap
- Big burrito win!
- How the mind reacts to race results
- Lose the word “just”
- Building a local YogiTriathlete San Diego team
- Training camp January 12-14, 2024 SIGN UP TODAY
Podcast Production: Bares Records
Episode 389 Show Notes:
TWO SPOTS LEFT – Yoga Retreat Adventure in Patagonia March 2-9, 2024
Team YogiTriathlete Gear – STORE IS OPEN
RI One-Day Retreat with the Tri-Doshic Trio – November 5, 2023 Register Now