The turn-around on this podcast was about as fast as Ben Kanute’s race at Ironman Arizona yesterday.
When we saw Ben announce, just one week after 70.3 Worlds, that he was going to race IMAZ, we reached out to see if he was up for a YTP three-peat experience.
And so here we are.
Less than 24 hours after claiming the third podium spot and a Kona slot, Ben arrived at our hotel this morning to share his experience with this community. What a guy! We are so grateful to Ben and to all of our listeners. This community is amazing, thank you for being a part of it.
In this episode we discuss:
- takeaways from Ironman 70.3 World Championship
- Slow twitch distractions
- working with a mental coach
- the monkey mind
- racing his first Ironman
- how the day unfolded at Ironman AZ
- being strategic but staying within himself
- the longest miles of the day
- racing in his backyard vs. traveling
- Briella’s first Ironman race
- getting his Kona spot
- Dad strength, is it real?
Podcast Production: Bares Records
Episode 341 Show Notes:
YTP ep. 222: Ben Kanute “Why a calm mind is a fast mind”
The Right Stuff – use code: JGumkowski
Looking to transition to a plant-based diet? Raise the Vibe on Your Plate