I was excited to come together with fellow competitors and coaches Daniel and BJ to record this episode. Today, we smackdown our experience at Ironman 70.3 Santa Cruz and, in doing so, reflect on the power of community.
Team VPA and Team YT represented the course in droves, and we feel blessed to be the stewards of such notable entities.
Thank you for tuning in, and please let us know if this episode leaves you with any questions unanswered. Next up and waiting in the smackdown queue – Maui Yoga & Meditation Retreat, Ironman World Championship in Kona, 70.3 World Championship in St. George, Utah, and Ironman Arizona.
We hope to see you at the races or on the yoga mat soon!
In this episode we discuss:
- Team VPA and Team YogiTriathlete
- ahimsa – least amount of harm in any situation
- sharing experiences from the Team YT members
- navigating race weekend challenges
- the immersion YT training camp
- Daniel’s PR swim and race recap
- finding calm before the swim start
- concentration and meditation show us our power within
- Liz’s first triathlon ever in Santa Cruz
- having expectations without attachment
- our bike course recaps
- be your best on the day
- “for the good, for the good of all” mantra
- “be the change” mantra from one of our team members
- importance of training on feel vs data
- our run experiences at Santa Cruz
- Jess having too much fun out there
- moving away from what is not helping you
- working through moments of doubt
Thank you to all patrons on Patreon for keeping this podcast commercial-free, we are grateful for you.
Podcast Production: Bares Records
Episode 332 Show Notes:
NEW: Awake Athlete website
YTP episode 324 Ironman 70.3 Oregon Smackdown
Apply Now for 2023 Team VPA
The Right Stuff – use code: JGumkowski
Looking to transition to a plant-based diet? Raise the Vibe on Your Plate