We are thrilled to bring you today’s episode, recorded live from El Bunker in Tambor, Costa Rica. El Bunker is the cycling hub for the local cycling community that we pair up with during the Pura Vida Cycling Challenge.
We have talked about the beauty of this local community and the lifelong friendships that form almost instantaneously, and today, you all get to hear directly from a few of these special people.
Pura Vida Cycling Challenge co-founder Dan Casey is my co-host and translator for this episode. It’s heartfelt, funny, and connected despite the language barriers. We genuinely expect our guests’ love and selflessness will come through to you loud and clear as you listen.
Pro tip: If you are not fluent in Spanish or English, set up Google Translate on your phone as you stream the video on YouTube, and you’ll hear the natural words of our wonderful friends.
Thank you to all YogiTriathlete patrons who support this podcast and the Awake Athlete podcast on Patreon. If you want to learn about what it means to be a patron, please visit patreon.com/yogitriathlete.
In this episode, we discuss:
- the vision where it all started
- why the Pura Vida charity event is so important
- El Bunker
- former professional cyclist and national cycling legend, Joel
- meet the locals and hear why Pura Vida Cycling Challenge is so important for their community
- the impact of El Bunker on the local community
- uprising of strong Costa Rican women leading by example
- cycling as a healthy outlet for life
Podcast Production: Bares Records
Episode 369 Show Notes:
RI One-Day Yoga and Meditation Retreat, July 16, 2024; Register Now
Awake Minds Women’s Yoga and Mediation Wellness Retreat February 17-21, 2024; Register Now
Zoom Yoga Monday’s at 7 am pst via Patreon
Looking to transition to a plant-based diet? Raise the Vibe on Your Plate