When we become more aware and take action on what we see within ourselves that is keeping us from joy, we allow for more flow, more authentic expression, and above all else, more happiness.
Sid Garza Hillman is back in the house, and he has a new book on this very topic. The Six Truths, Live By These Truths And Be Happy, Don’t And You Won’t lays it all out for us, plain and simple.
Sid is also the author of Approaching the Natural: A Health Manifesto and Raising Healthy Parents: Small Steps, Less Stress, and a Thriving Family.
Sid is a public speaker, host of the What Sid Thinks podcast, certified nutritionist, Small Steps Coach, race director of Mendocino 50k, and podcast guest of YTP 52, launched in May of 2017.
We hope you enjoy this episode as much as we enjoyed recording it.
In this episode, we discuss:
- the real reason we do anything
- prepare your mind for wisdom
- learning and acting at the same time
- be the best selfish person you can be
- excitement is not happiness
- mind first, body second
- oxygen advantage breathing
- listening to yourself vs talking to yourself
- living the example more important than what you say
- mental and physical fasting
- the return of Mendocino 50K
- he didn’t get his own audiobook gig
Podcast Production: Bares Records
Episode 268 Show Notes:
Jitterbug Perfume: A Novel by Tom Robbins
Looking to transition to a plant-based diet? Raise the Vibe on Your Plate