Dr. Alan Goldhamer is the co-founder of True North Health Center, the world’s largest facility specializing in medically supervised water-only fasting. Founded in 1984 and located in Santa Rosa, California, Truth North has seen well over 20,000 people complete upwards of 40-days of consuming only water.
The True North health experience is a fully supported adventure that includes modalities like meditation, yoga, psychotherapy, workshops, and education. True North is an alcohol-free, stimulant-free environment designed to allow guests to fast, detoxify, lose weight and make the lifestyle changes they desire in a health-promoting, therapeutic environment.
Dr. Goldhamer is co-author of a game-changing book that I read many years ago entitled The Pleasure Trap; Mastering the Hidden Force that Undermines Health & Happiness.
As you can imagine, anything with the word “mastering” in its title has our attention because, for YogiTriathlete, mastery is the only option. This episode is information-rich, we hope you enjoy it and take something away to uplevel your health today.
In this episode, we discuss:
- the pleasure trap
- why people are obese in industrialized countries
- what is poo’ing inside of you?
- living a good life and dying a good death
- why athletes age out of their sport
- healthy people need younger friends
- dehydration as a cause for injury
- strategic fasting for athletes
- the foundations of health
- radical life of eating well and exercising
- ancient roots of fasting
- what the research says about feeding windows
- hard workouts during a fast is a mistake
- the most powerful way to mobilize visceral fat
We recognize our Patreon community for their support. They are the sole reason why this podcast is commercial-free. If the YT podcasts help you live a better version of yourself and allow you to flow through life with a bit more ease, then make your pledge at patreon.com/yogitriathlete. We are a small business with a massive global mission. We appreciate your support.
Podcast Production: Bares Records
Episode 261 Show Notes:
Looking to transition to a plant-based diet? Raise the Vibe on Your Plate