Welcome to the YogiTriathlete podcast and Join Jess, Mindset and Wellness Coach for YogiTriathlete, and Melissa Herbalist and Triathlon/Running Coach for the first in a series of conversations dedicated to Women’s Wellness.
So, unbeknownst to either of these women, they were both contemplating how to use their experience and knowledge to better serve women in endurance sports. And when Jess received a hit to create this series alongside Melissa, she came on board without hesitation.
These two coaches are here for you, for spouses and partners of women, to explore curiosities about women’s wellness within athletics and how herbs and wellness practices can better support performance and overall health.
So please reach out and let them know what you want to know.
In this episode:
- Why we love Adaptogens
- Aging gracefully starts early
- Ayurveda 101
- Signs & symptoms of hormonal imbalance
- Being told you may die
- Women are cyclical beings
- Effects of stress on hormonal imbalance
- What happens when we are low in estrogen
- What are hormones, what do they do?
- The importance of protein as we age
- Building Iron
- Pre-sleep routine
- Hot flashes
- Yoga poses for helping thyroid function and adrenal glands
- Don’t be afraid to slow down right now
Podcast Production: Bares Records
Episode 402 Show Notes:
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN Florida Yoga & Wellness Retreat – May 2-6, 2024
TWO SPOTS LEFT – Yoga Retreat Adventure in Patagonia March 2-9, 2024
SIGN UP TODAY – YogiTriathlete Training Camp