We’re so grateful to welcome back Erin Carson to the show. Strength guru to the endurance sports world, Erin was the steward of the iconic Rally Sport gym in Boulder, Colorado, for decades.
She has an A-list roster of current and former world champions and many age-group triathletes like us balancing life and sport. She is a magnet for any athlete seeking excellence; she exemplifies the same in her work. She generously shares her knowledge and is fearless in collaborating with other movement specialists and coaches.
Erin is one of the most sought-after and accessible coaches in the world. She was our incredible guest from episode 114 in July of 2018 when BJ and I were in town for the Boulder Peak triathlon, and here we are five years later with timing that feels oh so perfect.
In this episode, we discuss:
- don’t be sad that it’s over, be happy because it happened
- moving forward from Rally Sports in Boulder
- Taylor Knibb’s return to racing
- nurturing a beginner’s mindset
- the marginal decade
- rooting athletes in the present moment
- Director of Happiness
- practicing the fundamentals
- breathing and its effects on performance
- mobility to strength work
- commit to honesty, respect, and trust
- expanding our movement bubble
- does strength come from mobility, or mobility comes from strength
Podcast Production: Bares Records
Episode 373 Show Notes:
RI One-Day Yoga and Meditation Retreat, July 16, 2023, SOLD OUT – Join the waitlist (email Valerie)
Awake Minds Women’s Yoga and Mediation Wellness Retreat February 17-21, 2024; Register Now
Roaring Calm Yoga Retreat Adventure in Patagonia March 2-9, 2024 Trip Details
Abundant Nature Galapagos Yoga Adventure June 22-29, 2024 SOLD OUT – Join the waitlist (contact The Travel Yogi)
Zoom Yoga Monday’s at 7 am pst via Patreon