At the beginning of August, Jason smashed the previous record of 60 days with his completion of the Rocky Mountain Grand Slam in less than 40 days. This project included 122 peaks, 698 miles, and 318,799 feet of elevation gain; an endeavor equivalent to summiting Mt. Everest from sea level 11 times.
We first had Jason on the show in July of 2022 to celebrate his conquering of Washington state’s Bulgers List and his 100th FKT, Have a listen; it’s episode 322. And be sure to watch the Athletic Brewing Journey to 100 film so you’re all caught up for another film releasing in October on Jason completing an Infinity Loop around Mexico’s Pico de Orizaba.
But today is all about diving into The Rocky Mountain Grand Slam, and we’re pumped because Jason is always up for diving under the surface chatter to unearth meaningful messages and education for us all.
Thank you, enjoy the show! And afterward, be sure to check out NEW PATREON tiers to support this and the Awake Athlete podcasts; let’s keep both commercial-free!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Rocky Mountain Grand Slam
- In comparison to his Bulgers FKT
- Meaningful burdens
- Element of mastery and the spirit of exploration
- Adjusting as the body ages
- Finite chance to participate in an infinite game
- “Do” to teach
- Magic magic land
- Being present with it all
- Changing the experience of suffering
- Carrying your burden well
- Being a leader when others don’t follow through
- When your standards are high, the body will follow
- Finding excellence through the cruxes
- What matters to be the person you want to be
- Soaking in the moments that are idyllic
- Being able to answer what you wonder
Podcast Production: Bares Records
Episode 383 Show Notes:
Jason’s interview with Vuori The Rise. The Shine: Jason Hardrath
Watch Journey to 100 film
Podcasts and Media with Jason
Roaring Calm Yoga Retreat Adventure in Patagonia March 2-9, 2024 Trip Details
Awake Minds Women’s Yoga and Mediation Wellness Retreat February 17-21, 2024 SOLD OUT – Join the waitlist
Abundant Nature Galapagos Yoga Adventure June 22-29, 2024 SOLD OUT – Join the waitlist (contact The Travel Yogi)