Rodrigo “Troy” GC is a professional triathlete and coach based in Puebla, Mexico. He’s been with us for episodes 63, 64, 110, and today, number 231. Troy is a risk-taker, and he shows us all that when we take our dreams to the edge, the universe will conspire to support us, time and again. Our first interview with Troy back in 2017 revealed his positive mindset and compassionate character that scored him a favorite within the YT community.
We are excited to be catching up with Troy on how he is living his dreams, supporting his athletes, and defining what it means relentless.
In this episode, we discuss:
- learning how to be a professional triathlete 24/7
- how the mental side works for everything, not just athletics
- trust as a fundamental element of training and relationships
- injury and learning how to listen
- coach and athlete relationship – communication is key!
- Troy’s new YouTube channel [ SUBSCRIBE ]
- why he transitioned to a plant-based diet
- what it means to be relentless
Check out the YogiTriathlete community on Patreon, where our supporters drive the YT mission forward. We are here to wake up and shake up the world of endurance sports by bringing you meaningful conversations of the YTP and the wiz bombs of our short-form sister, Awake Athlete. These podcasts are alive and commercial-free because of our patrons, allowing us to focus on pumping out more life-transformative content.
Thank you to everyone that has supported the show; many of you have been with us from the beginning. We are grateful to you all. Enjoy this week’s episode with Rodrigo “Troy” GC!
Podcast Production: Bares Records
Episode 231 Show Notes
TR Racing Team Instagram
JD Coaching – Julie Dibens
Relentless by Tim Grover
Podcast 64: Ironman Santa Rosa Square Table Smackdown
Looking to transition to a plant-based diet? Raise the Vibe on Your Plate