Coach BJ and I are back this month to answer questions from the YT community. We recorded this episode about 48-hours out from the launch of the Awake Athlete podcast and we dedicate a bit of time in the beginning to discuss the birth of this new arm of YogiTriathlete and the online community that serves as a support for listeners between seasons. We hope you enjoy this episode as much as we enjoyed recording. Thank you for your participation and support as we come together as a community to create a better world.
In this installment, we discuss:
- living inwardly as we live outwardly
- the great distress caused by time
- the endpoint of detachment and why we humans need to learn it
- how to let go of sentimental items
- we are never going to escape feeling intense things but we can get good at it
- not waiting for life to suck in order to change
- the “feeling” as the creation
- consistence, resistance, and persistence
- releasing ourselves from the push-pull struggle
- how to take what you learn in meditation to your training
Please check out the YogiTriathlete community on Patreon where our supporters are assisting us in keeping the YTP commercial-free and gaining access to exclusive content like monthly Awake Athlete meet-ups, yoga classes, YT gear, and monthly calls with Beej and Jess. YogiTriathlete is more than a podcast, more than physical and mental training; it is a powerful way of living and connecting with like-minded warriors who are here to make a difference. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for, so let’s get after it!
Podcast Production: Bares Records
Episode 229 Show Notes
Podcast 228: Nicole DeBoom I am Here. I am Now.
VIDEO: BJ’s detachment video after his DNS at IM Lake Placid 2016
VIDEO: Donating Medals video
Looking to transition to a plant-based diet? Raise the Vibe on Your Plate