Our guest today is Will McCloy, and from what I gathered, Will is most certainly on the path to his purpose. As host and commentator for Super League Triathlon, it is apparent that many of Will’s gifts come in the form of vocal artistry. Still, after listening in, you’ll also learn that Will is so much more than a spectacular voice.
He is a dad, husband, reporter, journalist, traveler, producer, writer, presenter, and author of Before I Slip Away, a novel about personal and social connection, finding the courage to confront your past, and the strength to shape your future.
Will came into our awareness with the birth of Super League in 2017, and it didn’t take long for us to lock in on our desire to bring him onto the show. Last month when Will crafted a post on Instagram entitled “Grateful,” we knew the time had come to extend an invite. Thankfully, he said yes!
This conversation is the result of that “yes,” and we do hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoyed recording it.
In this episode, we discuss:
- what is SuperLeague Triathlon?
- figuring things out as you go
- working with anxiety daily
- years as a newscaster
- tools to work through anxiousness
- creating an event that you don’t want to miss even a minute
- creating rules on the fly
- perspective on Ironman World Championship
- engaging commentary
- coming into triathlon with a fresh perspective
- Will’s book: Before I Slip Away
- Rising Kings men’s group
- detaching from the outcome
- pushing the platform of authenticity
Podcast Production: Bares Records
Episode 345 Show Notes:
Will’s book Before I Slip Away
Rising Kings men’s group
Zoom Yoga Monday’s at 7am pst via Patreon
The Right Stuff – use code: JGumkowski
Looking to transition to a plant-based diet? Raise the Vibe on Your Plate