Dr. Kim Scheuer is a board-certified family physician and lifestyle medicine physician. She is on staff with the Plant-Based Telehealth family and is licensed to practice medicine in 20 states. After her wake-up realizations in 2011, she has seen firsthand the transformative effects of coming out of the fog and into a vibrant whole-foods plant-based life.
Over this past decade, she has shifted her focus from disease management to disease reversal with great success and believes that small changes make the most significant impact. We’re honored to have yet another esteemed plant-based physician on the mic for you today, and we hope you take away heaps of momentum and knowledge for your path.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Dr. Kim’s athletic background
- milky way vegetarian to daily green smoothies
- dairy fog
- the three things that blew her mind
- getting out the soapbox and getting results
- the subtleties of a plant-based diet
- nutrition re-education
- batch cooking
- eating more and losing weight
- a curious mind
- depression and plants
- we inherit genes and recipes
- changes needed in hospital food
Thank you to all who keep this podcast commercial-free through your pledge on Patreon. We would not be able to do this without you.
Podcast Production: Bares Records
Episode 289 Show Notes:
Nutrition Facts – Dr. Michael Greger
Looking to transition to a plant-based diet? Raise the Vibe on Your Plate