Dr. Jeff Pierce is a board-certified family physician who uses diet and lifestyle choices to guide his patients to a longer and healthier life. He is a part of the esteemed community of docs that comprise the Plant Based TeleHealth team and is currently seeing patients both in-person and online from his home base in northern California.
He believes that with the correct information and motivation, people can get to the root cause of their disease and heal themselves, which I believe is a sign of a brilliant doctor because the focus is on healing the whole person and empowering them to be a part of the process.
In this episode, we discuss:
- healing the whole person
- the pivot point for change
- fulfillment factor
- the wave of medicine that has not crested yet
- current medical model vs. new medical model
- the expense of chronic conditions
- living a healthy life is not just nutrition
- six pillars of lifestyle medicine
- nudges built into our lives to stay healthy
- whole food plant-based pregnancies and babies
Thank you to all who keep this podcast commercial-free through your pledge on Patreon. We would not be able to do this without you!
Podcast Production: Bares Records
Episode 285 Show Notes:
Undo It by Dean Ornish
Looking to transition to a plant-based diet? Raise the Vibe on Your Plate