Meghan Leighton is a yoga instructor, certified mindfulness educator, retreat leader, and student of Ayurveda. She has spent the last several years working in schools systems throughout Massachusetts and Rhode Island implementing groundbreaking mindfulness programs for children.
Meg’s journey began twenty years ago when she started practicing meditation with absolutely no idea of the impact it would have on her life. As the benefits and shifts showed up, Meg’s enthusiasm for the practice grew immensely leading her to her purpose to share the teachings of yoga and meditation with others.
We go deep in this episode and we hope you take away a cavern of knowledge to share with your community and the world.
In this episode, we discuss:
- searching for a guru
- how to get control of the mind?
- her seven seconds of clear mind
- our minds are conditioned for fear and distraction
- how to understand that you are not your thoughts
- expect that life and meditation will not always be comfortable
- the three things science says about thoughts
- living life connected to our higher mind
- Ayurveda, the science of life
- lose the ice
- the extreme techniques don’t last
- it’s not about fixing, it’s about accepting
- what happens in the magic moment
- mental hygiene
We are fairly certain this is a multi-listen episode, so download to your library of favorites and return to it whenever you need support in tweaking your response. And beyond all else, remember you matter.
Podcast Production: Bares Records
Episode 281 Show Notes:
Looking to transition to a plant-based diet? Raise the Vibe on Your Plate