When we start paying more attention to what we are doing while we are doing it, we open to our power of choice. Whether in our sport, our food choices, relationships, or profession, being more mindful puts us ahead of our patterns and back in charge of our lives.
Today, our guest is Chef AJ, a fantastic example of someone who has overcome significant obstacles, shifted non-serving habits and is back in charge.
She has most definitely ridden the waves of life, highs, and lows, traumas, and joys all to find herself serving a great purpose in the realm of nutrient-dense, whole plant foods. She has helped thousands of people transform their relationship with food, and she has a rich story of transformation to share.
We hope you enjoy the show as much as we enjoyed recording it.
In this episode, we discuss:
- day in the life of an obese junk-food vegan
- the effects of not eating fiber for 40+ years
- the pleasure trap and the motivational triad
- obesity and processed food correlation
- an industry that creates disease then sells a solution that doesn’t work
- what it takes for people to make change
- why you don’t want to be like everyone else
- freedom from the obsession
- the power of upgrading choices
- dates as methadone
- fasting for food addiction
- the danger of the “bliss point”
- parents creating sugar-addicts in their kids
- puppy cravings are real
Podcast Production: Bares Records
Episode 265 Show Notes:
The Pleasure Trap by Doug Lisle and Alan Goldhamer
Salt, Sugar, Fat by Michael Moss
Dr. David Kessler – books
Food Politics by Marion Nestle
Game Changers Moview
Hunger Fix by Pam Peeke
Eat To Live by Dr. Joel Furman
Looking to transition to a plant-based diet? Raise the Vibe on Your Plate